21 or Bust: Businesses Pass Alcohol Test | Crime
Sobering news from the Boulder City Police Department: all of the businesses it targeted in an underage alcohol buying sting passed the test.
Officers sent underage volunteers into a handful of businesses with the intent of buying alcohol. If the clerk or alcohol server requests a form of ID, the person presents their real Nevada identification card/license, indicating their true age.
Clerks or servers that sell alcohol to an individual under the age of 21 receive a citation for Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor, which results in a bail of $637. No one sold alcohol to the underage people.
The stores tested were:
- 7-11 Gas Station/Convenience Store, 1004 Nevada Highway
- 7-11 Gas Station/Convenience Store, 900 Utah Street
- Albertsons Grocery Store, 1008 Nevada Highway
- CVS Pharmacy, 800 Buchanan Blvd.
- Eric’s Smoke Shop, 1020 Nevada Highway
- Shell Gas Station/Convenience Store, 1004 Nevada Way
- Sinclair Gas Station/Convenience Store, 1625 Nevada Highway
- Vons Grocery Store, 1031 Nevada Highway